When having to choose between foundation and a BB cream I will always opt for a BB cream. I love how it evens out skin tone without making you look or feel cakey. On a day to day basis I tend to only wear concealer so I wear BB creams on days I feel like doing a bit extra or when I am going out.
Let's get down to business. I am going to keep this short and sweet as I am sure most of you would rather like a to-the-point summary of the two instead of a long winded description.
First let's look at the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector
Price: R70 for 50 ml
This BB cream is available in Light and Medium.
- easy to blend
- evens skin tone
- medium to light coverage - it fades out imperfections without removing them completely
- very hydrating, sometimes when I shower at the gym I pack this BB cream in as a moisturiser since it is nice and small and moisturising enough on its own
- SPF 15 UV protection
- illuminating effect
- great for dry and combination skin
- it is quite oily so I would not recommend this for oily skin, they have brought out a new one specifically for oily skin and I have only heard amazing things about it
- the Light colour is almost a shade too dark for my skin, but it blends easily so with a bit of bronzer in the neck you can easily make it work
- not a wide variety of colours available
- packaging is OK
Next up we have the Pond's Flawless Radiance BB cream
Price R70 for 25ml
It promises to match your skin tone instantly, however in my experience it was very yellow against my skin (you can see this in the picture down below). I got quite a fright when I applied it the first time. It did even out but it still did not match my skin perfectly and was very difficult to blend out. Keep in mind that it has light coverage.
- SPF 30, I really like this since I am all about wearing sun screen daily
- evens out skin tone
- great for combination and oily skin
- smells fresh and light
- does not clog pores
- I love the packaging
- light coverage
- I think it is expensive, you get only a small amount of product and need to use a lot every time since the coverage is so light
- only available in Beige and Deep
- dries out skin a bit so I would not recommend it for someone with dry skin
- did not match my skin tone perfectly
As you could probably tell I much prefer the Garnier BB cream over the Pond's one. Not only because of the massive price difference but also because generally I feel that you get a much better product when purchasing the Garnier BB cream. It's easier to blend, feels nicer on your skin, matches my skin tone better and more affordable since you get double the amount of product for the same price.
As you can see above there is quite a big difference in the colours of the lightest shades of both BB creams. The picture on the right shows how well the Garnier BB cream blends while it is very clear where the Pond's BB cream was applied.
Have you tried these BB creams? Which one do you prefer? Let me know in the comment section down below!
Thank you for reading!